"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid". - Albert Einstein

Monday, August 1, 2011

DF visits-Day 5, Saturday, July 30

Saturday was the most important event of the week: the much anticipated world premiere of the kid's movie from Apple camp. Yes, we all dragged ourselves out of bed one last time for the big event taking place at 9am. The proud producers shined with happiness as their work was shown in front of their peers. They composed the music using the i pad, choose the footage and edited the piece on their own. They were very excited. Apple send them home with a certificate of completion and a disk of their work. Very cool.
We finally got to sign happy birthday to hubby and share a cake for the occasion! After some group DS playing with friends, the family packed up and took off to Gettysburg, PA, (only 3 hours away by car) to learn all about the place.
That evening the kids enjoyed the hotel pool and then we took part of a ghost walk. Although the stories were not gory or violent, they made enough impression on me! I did not want to go by myself to the basement restrooms afterward! DD was kind enough to hold my hand and come with me while hubby and DF busted laughing.

I'm sure glad I choose the "mild" tour!


Look for photos of the day added to the DF album on the right.